International students

We have been welcoming international students to Richmond and Hillcroft Adult Community College for over 40 years. We offer International Packages for Student Visas (previously Tier 4) and for Short-term Study Visas (English courses only, can start in September, January or April). Our programme offers a wide range of courses including the internationally recognised Cambridge Suite with optional examinations.

Courses for International Students

As a Student Visa, you will study on a suitable learning programme of at least 15 hours for 30 to 35 weeks, which you can start in September or November.  If you are applying on a Student Visa you will need to provide evidence that you are already at CEFR Level B1 or above.

Available courses for Student Visa

Access to HE Computing

Access to HE Creative and Digital Media 

Access to HE Digital Technologies in Business Management

Access to HE Humanities

Access to HE Digital Marketing and Social Media


Course fees

The fees for these courses are £6,000 per year + an administration fee of £450 paid at the start and with a deposit of 50% (£3,000) before arriving in the UK (after tutor approval has been granted and you meet the requirements for a Student visa).  

Course entry requirements

You must have an academic IELTS English level requirement of 5.5.

Short-term Study Visa For English Courses

Short-term Study Visas English course fees depend on the length of the course and stay + an administration fee of £150

We offer (Up to 11 months' study visa for English as a Foreign Language EFL courses). Students will be placed on full-time English courses, this means a programme of 15 hours per week, Mon - Fri (not evenings).

The level of English will be assessed monthly on arrival at the college to ensure ensure correct programme of study.

English courses are not available or possible for countries where English is the official language. For example you will be unable to study English from USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and some African countries.


Please note we do not provide accommodation – you are responsible for organising your own accommodation.

Applying for Student Visa with the College

If you would like to come and study with us, please follow these simple steps:

Step 1 Check with the UK Border Agency (UKBA) what kind of visa you need. A quick guide can be found on their website:

Step 2 Email us to tell us your requirements

Step 3 Scan and send us any certificates you already have from Cambridge English Language or similar courses, or any evidence you have of previous assessments and a copy of your passport. Please note that when you join our programme you will need to provide the original evidence and complete an online computer assessment and a writing assessment so we can be sure you are on the right level of course for you. If you have no certificates or evidence of previous assessments and you don’t know what your current level of English is you can take this simple online test to give you an idea and tell us the result:

Step 4  We will then contact you to discuss a suitable programme and price. 

Please note:  you are required to provide evidence that you have sufficient money in your bank account to support yourself during your studies, this is a Home Office requirement and usually for a T4 visa, a minimum of £20,000 is required.  For a Short Study Visa it will depend on the length of the study (you will need a minimum of £1,500 pm to live, times the months you are studying).  You are required to provide bank statements for the past 3 months from a bank account in your name – if someone is sponsoring you and paying for you, they must write a letter a signed letter advising they will be sponsoring you, state their occupation and attach their bank statements and a copy of their passport.


Fraud Alert

If you receive an unexpected call from someone who claims to be from the Home Office, it may be a scam. Learn the facts and stay safe